Redwood Forests – Summary:
- Who: N/A
- What: Drove through Redwood Forests; Visited the Trees of Mystery tourist attraction; Stopped at the Legend of Bigfoot Gift Shop and Chainsaw-carvings
- When: Tuesday, March 27
- Where: Crescent City, CA; Klamath, CA; Garberville, CA
- Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park Webpage
- Redwood Highway Map
- Trees of Mystery Webpage
- The Story of Paul Bunyan – The Giant Lumberjack
- Legend of Big Foot Gift Shop Facebook page
My Travel Story:
After leaving Maitreya Mountain Village that afternoon, I headed toward the great Redwood forests of Northern California. I drove southwest on the highway till I got to Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park and where I saw my first Redwood trees!
A replicated Redwood carved canoe in front of a mural – ideal for tourists!
This tourist display at the information station featured informational boards as well as a marked cutting from a Redwood indicating historical weather events.